Laser Cataract Patient Education
Our goal is to provide patients with access to excellent care and positive results.
To help ensure these expectations can be met, we recommend that all prospective patients schedule a cataract consultation to help determine the best course of action for their vision needs.
1 (855) 462-6569
Call toll free today to quickly and conveniently schedule your cataract consultation.
We understand that your decision to undergo any surgical procedure requires careful consideration and planning. A cataract consultations allows you the time you need to feel comfortable and educated about your options.
To get a head start at your cataract consultation, you may print and fill out the forms below to bring with you to your appointment.
Eye History Form
Health History Form
What to expect at your cataract consultation.
- You can expect your initial consultation and discussion to last 2 to 3 hours.
- You should expect a call from and nJoy patient advocate prior to your appointment. During this phone consultation, several questions regarding your insurance and visual goals will be discussed.
- During the initial examination, a doctor will perform several tests and dilate your pupils. This helps to obtain accurate measurements and aids in checking the health of the inside of your eyes.
- Daily-wear soft contact lenses should be removed for two weeks prior to taking measurements, and hard or rigid gas permeable lenses should be removed for 8 to 12 weeks. If you wear contact lenses, be sure to mention this when you schedule your appointment.
- Consultations are often scheduled after your primary eye care doctor has evaluated you and diagnosed cataracts. In such cases, your doctor will be able to send information from that exam.
- When you call us to schedule your appointment, we will give you access to your own Secure Personal Health Record, or PHR. This information resides in your secure file in the electronic medical records. You can fill out the usual ‘clipboard’ information before you ever arrive! View your account history, and access a summary of past and future appointments.