Fred Mattioli, M.D.
Surgeon at nJoy Vision Houston
“I enjoy my work and my life outside the office, where I spend my time with my wife, our four children, and close friends. Activities I enjoy are fishing, sports, and barbecuing gaucho-style.”
Dr. Mattioli is board-certified by the American Board of Physician Specialties in Ophthalmology. He’s been in practice since 2001. He has performed hundreds of cataract/implant procedures and over 30,000 laser refractive treatments, as well as cosmetic procedures such as blepharoplasty, Botox treatments, and Juvéderm filler treatments. He performs Visian ICL implant treatments and was trained by the most experienced ICL surgeon in the world.
Dr. Mattioli was the Medical Director for a national laser company for nearly 10 years.
Active professional memberships include:
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Texas Medical Association
- Harris County Medical Society
- Houston Ophthalmological Society
Dr. Mattioli had LASIK himself and has been practicing in Houston since 2001, caring for and treating patients in all aspects of Refractive Surgery and general eye care. He has performed laser vision correction for his own family members and friends, as well as numerous other doctors, professionals, and others who know Dr. Mattioli always has their best interest in mind.
Dr. Mattioli is certified on all major laser types, including:
- Alcon WaveLight Allegretto 400Hz, EX-500, LadarVision, CustomCornea, and FS200
- AMO Visx Star S4, CustomView, and Intralase
- Bausch & Lomb PlanoScan 217Z, Zyoptix, Hansatome and Hansatome XP
He speaks Spanish fluently.